Social Action Projects
Why children should participate in social action and service projects from young ages:
1. They develop a history of being involved in making a SSdifference.
2. They learn that working together gives people power.
3. They learn that taking effective action is a process that involves specific skills.
4. We build on the natural desire of children to be fair and right wrongs.
5. It relieves stress caused by the feeling that as children they are helpless and must be shielded by adults.
In addition students develop:
1. critical thinking skills
2. a caring community
3. an improved self-concept
4. higher moral development
5. citizenship skills
6. motivation to take action in the future
TPN Social action lessons